Saturday, March 5, 2011

Southbound

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I had been sheltered for almost practically a quarter of my life. It's always been school-house and vice versa. So now that I am older and more financially independent, I always see to it to travel and experience the "world" outside of my shell. Thanks to cheap promo fares air travel is no longer limited to the affluent. 
Last year me and my officemates got lucky and scored PhP 218 roundtrip tickets to Manila. Without batting an eyelash we immediately purchased them even if we didn't have any definite plans in mind. Later on, all nine of us unanimously agreed for a Northwestern Luzon tour.
Tagaytay was never part of our itinerary but due to some minor glitches on our assigned driver's schedule, we had a little 8-hour detour prior to our Vigan trip.
Tagaytay's cold breeze and fresh air was such a welcoming change from the CO2 saturated city we're accustomed to. We also dropped by this Disneyland-like place called Fantasy World Castle in Lemery and also made a side tour in the serene and scenic Caleruega. I fell in love at first sight with Caleruega. If only destinations weddings aren't such a pain in the ass and wouldn't burn our pockets,I would definitely love to get married there.

wearing:
"Dalmatian" print top - thrifted 
Denim shorts - thrifted 
Camel bag - thrifted
Gold studded belt - PrP
Opaque tights - SM Dept. store
Shoes - Parisian 
Wayfarer - Bazaar find

14 comments:

inkarlcerating said...

i loove ze photos. wat cam do u use?

ching said...

holy cow..is that travel trip a promo from Cebu Pacific? its nice to break free from the mundane isn't it?

dred said...

@inkarlcerating: thanks! i'm using my old nikon d40 camera with 17-50 mm Tamron f2.8 lens. :)

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

dreddddd!!!! for me, you have the BEST style jud..*wink* love love it! i look at your outfits and say, 'why didn't i think of that?' and yes, i'm so jealous of your long long legs..hehe.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Sweet said...

beautiful shoes...I love the top and shorts...so beautiful!!!!

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

Phuong said...

i love your top, looks great

Travel In Style

Kookie B. said...

Love the top and photos! Didn't know Fantasy World was still open!

augustalolita said...

you're making me miss the philippines!! wahh :( really awesome pics!!

dred said...

@gizelle: no i don't have long legs! it has always been my frustration. that's why i like wearing heels all the time. lol and also, i have the most obedient friends who takes my photos from the ground up. hahaha sa angles lang na. :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! love your outfit, Dred! and your pictures are just beautiful! aww pirmi man jud sad! :))


Toni Perfumed Red Shoes

Aileen Kim said...

i hope you had fun in your northern experience. If it wasn't for a friend coming from overseas i would have loved to have met you for a quick coffee fix. Nway, these photos are just divine and i cant wait to see your Baguio pix.

cryskay said...

gorgeous photo. loooove that top and that belt is amazing!! xo

Sofia said...

I have to agree your photos are spankin'! and you're so cool to be travelin' whenever you feel like doing it. It's my ultimate dream to trek RP and the world.

Love to you, Dred.

Afianne
www.vivalamanika.com

Arianne said...

WOAH. Where is this castle land? I must get there myself this summer!

Arianne from A + B in the Sea